MS SIMONE INTERNSHIP PROJECT
08 DECEMBER 2020 - 31 MARCH 2021
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our lives and livelihoods has been both far-reaching and devastating beyond what we could have imagined. It is this recognition that has prompted the government to continue working on ways and interventions to mitigate the negative impact on the sectors.
The President, on 16 October 2020, announced to the National Assembly, a range of measures that would be initiated to set the country on a new path of growth. Amongst these measures were the employment stimulus programme. This stimulus programme presents another exciting opportunity in the renewal and reimagination of the creative industries.
Ms Simone in partnership with VANSA, Department of Sport, Arts and Culture and the Art Bank South Africa presented one paid internship position as part of the Presidential Stimulus Programme.
The internship included mentoring, training on various aspects of the visual arts sector, introduction to profiling, with a published profile written by the candidate.
· Research on contemporary South African and African artists
· Artist Profiling
· Updating and maintaining of Ms Simone Database
· Communication and liaison with artists, crafters, and service providers
· Compile research reports on contemporary South African art and artists
· Update and maintain Ms Simone website and social media pages.
· Project management as a candidate was required to implement an art-related project at the end of the internship.
· The candidate was required to write a research report on four artists for Ms Simone pick of the day.